This course is targeted toward providing an overview of Six Sigma process improvement terminology, the project process and roles and responsibilities. It provides a background on the Six Sigma methodology and covers some of the basic tools and techniques necessary to get started with Six Sigma. Students will identify a familiar process with improvement potential and develop a clear project definition, process maps and improvement opportunities. Upon completion of the course and a multiple-choice exam, students will qualify for a Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification. This course can be delivered in two 4-hour modules or one full day.
• Introduction to Six Sigma Methodology
• History of Six Sigma
• What is Six Sigma?
• Value of Six Sigma
• Key elements of Six Sigma
• Six Sigma project types and when they are used
• Key organizational drivers and metrics
• Roles and Responsibilities for Six Sigma projects
• Introduction to DMAIC
• Define overview, tools and techniques
• Measure overview, tools and techniques
• Analyze overview, tools and techniques
• Improve overview, tools and techniques
• Control overview, tools and techniques
• Wrap up